Support Coordinator- Bayside
Job no: 494680
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Mornington Peninsula
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
Based in the Bayside area (Rosebud/Frankston) as a Support Coordinator you will provide individualised support to participants (who have a disability and/or mental illness) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or DHHS. The Support Coordinator will work with the participant to implement the supports within the persons plan for the purpose of building capacity, managing the impact of their disability and improving their health, well-being and participation within the community.
- Provide support to clients based on their NDIA or DHHS plan, implementing all supports within the participant’s plan including formal, mainstream and funded supports.
- Use a strengths based approach when working with clients to establish a Support Plan with the client and other relevant stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with clients and their families while maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries.
- Manage client issues and complaints with respect and fairness whilst following genU’s policies and procedures
- Prioritise, manage and administer a caseload / tasks in a coordinated, efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that information on relevant community resources are available to clients and that appropriate referrals are made and followed up
- Certificate IV in Disability Services or other qualification relevant to the field of human services
- Proven experience working with people with disability and/or mental illness
- Experience working within the NDIS environment
- Demonstrated ability to network with local service providers
- Demonstrated experience in support planning, working within a person centred framework
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound organisational and administrative ability
Previous Applicants need not apply
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
Support Coordinator - Bayside.pdf
For further details on this role, please contact Ashlan Smith - 5249 8931
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend