Independent Lives Facilitator - Disabilty and Mental Health- Warrnambool
Job no: 494717
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: South West Victoria
• Rewarding and dynamic full time position
• Career opportunities and development
• Growing organisation
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified and experienced person to support people with a disability to develop the skills to live a more independent and socially connected life, including connecting with their local community.
This includes providing assistance to obtain accommodation and maintain tenancy obligations, capacity building support that develops social skills to overcome isolation and increases independence skills in the home and in community
Use your expertise and initiative to develop, document and implement skill development and/or tenancy plans with each client and work with clients to achieve the applicable goals in their funded plan.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the NDIS and how it works
- Substantial experience working with people with a disability and/or psychosocial disability
- Have an understanding of and substantial experience delivering person centred, strength based and/or recovery orientated models of support
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of skill development programs and/or provision of tenancy related supports
- Demonstrated ability to support clients to build their capacity for independence and community inclusion
- Demonstrated understanding of legislative requirements relevant to this position
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients, co-workers and the community
- Good computer skills
- Current Working with Children’s check
- Satisfactory completion of police check and DWES check
- Current drivers licence and car with comprehensive insurance
About our benefits
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service and financial assistance
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
For further details please contact Leanne Napper on (03) 5249 8968
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
genU Warnambool Independant Lives Facilitator 27 November 2018.pdf
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend