Health & Wellbeing Consultant- Part Time- Sydney South West (Campbelltown area)
Job no: 494745
Work type: Part time ongoing
About the Company
MatchWorks has over 850 staff committed to achieving outcomes for jobseekers from over 130 locations across Australia. We understand the challenges, but we embrace the opportunities to make getting people into work an important step in supporting them to realise their dreams.
Our diverse team comes from a range of backgrounds and we look for people who have the energy and life experience to look beyond the resume and connect with employers to build sustainable outcomes.
MatchWorks is part of genU, a respected not-for profit community organisation that’s been working with people with disability, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage for over 65 years. As part of genU, MatchWorks are committed to building our local communities and making everyone’s lives happier and healthier.
About the Role
As part of a national network of mental health professionals, the MatchWorks Health and Wellbeing Consultant role will involve providing health & wellbeing support to jobseekers accessing jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES).
This is a part time permanent role (3 or 4 days per week) which will cover the Sydney South West region. The role spans across Campbelltown, Ingleburn, Camden and Prestons and requires the successful candidate to be flexible with travel in this region.
Reporting to the Senior Health & Wellbeing Consultant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting biopsychosocial assessments and the provision of client focused short term interventions;
- Delivering psycho-educational group based interventions;
- Supporting operational staff with managing their clients with health and/or wellbeing concerns;
- Providing return-to-work guidance and offering in-work support as required;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders that contribute to the successful delivery of the service.
As a Health & Wellbeing Consultant, you will:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis and in groups to support those experiencing health and or wellbeing concerns;
- Provide psychoeducation to clients on their health condition and use short term evidence based and best practice interventions to assist them to better manage their health and wellbeing;
- Create an individualised support plan for each client that focuses on return to work and assist as many clients into lasting employment as possible;
- Offer return-to-work advice and guidance for both clients and Employment Consultants;
- Assess and provide clients with practical techniques that enable them to understand and manage their conditions on a long-term basis once in employment;
- Refer clients to relevant external health or specialist services as required;
- Ensure service delivery meets the quality standards outlined in our clinical governance framework;
- Be a champion for health and wellbeing services in your area.
The successful candidate will be fully registered as a health professional, with one of the following regulatory bodies:
- Psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Occupational Therapist registered with AHPRA;
- A counsellor registered with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) at Level 2 or above, or the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) at Provisional or Clinical level;
- Rehabilitation Counsellor registered with Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors (ASORC);
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
About Our Benefits
- Salary packaging;
- Car and fuel allowance;
- Generous professional development;
- Join an expanding organisation in a growing industry;
- Highly engaged and professional team;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra leave;
- Paid volunteer leave;
- Commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please ensure that your application includes a current resume and a cover letter (maximum of 1 page) which addresses the following question:
How would you empower clients to effectively manage their mental health condition whilst progressing them closer to employment?
For any further queries on this role please email: email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday 30th of January 2019, 12 noon AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend