Nursery 2IC- Geelong
Job no: 494777
Work type: Full time ongoing
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
genU Business Enterprises (genU BE) is an initiative of genU that provides supported employment for people living with a disability. genU Business Enterprises are regulated under the Australian Disability Enterprises criteria and operate a range of businesses in the Geelong and Colac region. These businesses include Packaging and Warehousing, Hospitality and Land Care and outdoor maintenance.
About the role
genU Business Enterprises supports people with a disability to learn new skills, develop confidence and flourish in a supportive workplace. An Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) 2IC oversees work carried out by supported employees and other staff plus assists the manager to run the business. All work is carried out to the highest standard. In this role you will be the 2IC Supervisor of our Nurseries.
- Day to day management of two nursery sites
- Management of 300+ indoor plants in an office environment
- Oversee the production of up to 50,000 indigenous tube stock annually
- Facilitate community/volunteer groups in using the nursery facilities for the productions of indigenous tube stock
- General administration duties associated with contract and nursery management
- Manage the retail side of the business which includes stock selection, production and stock quality
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement that you have:
- Open Manual driver’s license with no driving offences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a nursery/natural resource management or; must hold a Certificate in Horticulture
- Experience supervising staff to achieve desired outcomes
- Expertise in propagating plants and nursery management
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills including Outlook and Excel
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service and financial assistance
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
Business Enterprises ADE Nursery 2IC PD.pdf
For further details please contact Georgie Knight on (03) 5277 2180
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend