Landcare Supervisor- Casual- Geelong
Job no: 494855
Work type: Casual
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
genU Business Enterprises is an initiative of genU that provides supported employment for people living with a disability. genU BE is an Australian Disability Enterprise which operates a range of businesses in the Geelong and Colac region to provide employment for people with a disability in a supportive work environment. These businesses include Packaging and Warehousing, Hospitality and Land Care and outdoor maintenance.
As a Landcare Supervisor you will support people with a disability to learn new skills, develop confidence and flourish in a supportive workplace. You will oversee the work carried out by supported employees to ensure it is completed to the highest standard plus assists the manager to run the business.
Duties will include:
- Ground and garden maintenance
- Garden clean ups
- Pruning of plants, shrubs, bushes as required
- Hedge trimming as required
- Mowing and whipper snipping as required
- Application of herbicides, pesticides and fertilisers to gardens and grounds
- Weeding and weed control
- Open manual drivers license with no driving offences
- Experience supervising staff to achieve desired outcomes
- A patient and caring disposition
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in a job well done
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
Landcare Supervisor - Australian Business Enterprises (ADE) PD.pdf
For further details please contact Georgie Knight on (03) 5277 2180
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend