Advanced Support Coordinator- Frankston
Job no: 495017
Work type: Full time ongoing
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
The position of a Support Coordinator is to provide individualised support to participants (who have a disability and/or mental illness) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The Support Coordinator will work with the participant to implement the supports within the persons plan for the purpose of building capacity, managing the impact of their disability and improving their health, well-being and participation within the community.
As an Advanced Support Coordinator, you will have responsibility to provide support and coaching to other members of the Support Coordination team, including the provision of formal supervision sessions and the development of personal goals. You will be required to escalate issues through the Operational Managers, and consult with genU’s policies and procedures as required.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability Services or other qualification relevant to the field of human services
- Experience in a leadership role
- Proven experience working with people with with disability and/or mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to network with local service providers
- Demonstrated experience in support planning, working within a person centred framework
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both writtern and verbal
- Sound organisational and administrative ability
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
Advanced Support Coordinator- PD Frankston 30042019.pdf
For further details on this role, please contact Thomas McLaughlin on (03) 5249 8932
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend