Residential Support Worker - Geelong- Part time & Casual
Job no: 495042
Work type: Casual, Part time ongoing
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
As a Residential Support Worker you will provide personal care, community access and person-centred supports to residents with a disability to undertake everyday activities, whilst fostering independent living skills to empower them to make choices that will lead to fulfilment and achievement of individual goals. Our houses are located in a number of different locations across the Barwon region.
- Development and implementation of PCP’s in conjunction with House Coordinator
- Promote development and maintenance of independent living skills using formal and informal teaching methods
- Assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including- medication, personal & self-care, food preparation & mealtime assistance, dressing & maintenance of personal hygiene
- Undertake physical household tasks with clients participating where possible
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement that you have:
- Certificate IV in Disability Studies
- Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate with up-to-date CPR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Generous hourly rate inclusive of afterhours and weekend penalties
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual's name against a database held by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability living in group homes. If your name is on or is placed on the list, you will be ineligible to work as a disability support worker with genU.
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
Residential Support Workers June 2018.pdf
For further details please contact Jason Arnall on 0477 007 250
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend