Quality and Compliance Project Officer- Transition to the NDIS Commission- Geelong
Job no: 496137
Work type: Full time fixed term
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
genU Ability are a division of genU who oversee a range of services and supporting including Business Enterprises, Individual Support Services, Participate, Support Coordination, Employment Pathways and Shared Living. genU are a registered disability provider supplying services and supports to people who have a disability.
In this position you will provide support to Quality and Compliance through organisation, response and coordination as specified. Collect, analyse and report on a range of Quality, Compliance and Safeguarding as required by registered disability service providers.
The position is directly responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of an action plan for complying with the National NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Practice Standards.
This is a 12 month fixed term role.
To be successful in this role it is a requirement that you have:
- Two or more years' experience working in a human service field such as disability, aged care or mental health
- Broad knowledge base of project work
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate innovation into project delivery
- Significant experience in working with people with disabilities including knowledge of a broad range of disability types, complex behaviours and associated issues
- Demonstrated understanding and application of professional boundaries, duty of care and professional values
- Sound knowledge of, and proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office suite and client management databases
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise demands
- Excellent people skills
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
2019 genU Quality and Compliance Project Officer Transition to NDIS- 03072019.pdf
For further details on this role, please contact either Natasha Williams or Julie Graham on (03) 5249 8900
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend