Qualified Cook- Colac
Job no: 496148
Work type: Casual
Location: South West Victoria
About the Company
Botanic Cafe on the Lake is an initiative of not-for-profit organisation genU, formerly known as Karingal St Laurence.
We're an accredited social enterprise kick-starting the careers of people with a disability. This means we are 100% about quality, service and community. We're also one of our region's top ten cafes on TripAdvisor!
With a proud history of more than 40 years in the region, we are one of the most popular destinations for locals and tourists. Our location, overlooking the lake and nestled among the Botanic Gardens, is second to none.
Botanic Café on the Lake recruits, trains and supports people with a mental or physical disability to develop new skills, earn an income and be as independent as possible while enjoying the benefits of meaningful employment. Behind every coffee, every soup, every salad, is a proud supported employee doing their best to deliver you a positive Botanic Cafe on the Lake experience.
About the role
Reporting to the Site Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Ensure a consistently high standard of food and service
- Stock ordering and control
- Ensuring cleanliness of kitchen area including cool rooms, ovens, microwaves and other kitchen appliances
- Responsible menu costings and budgets
- Creating good supplier relationships
- Keeping records of all up to date food safety regulations
- Keeping up to date on food trends
- Food safety handling certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Current driver’s license
- Experience working with people with special needs is desirable
For further details on this role, please contact Georgie Knight on (03) 5277 2180
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend