Senior Support Coordinator- Ballarat
Job no: 496152
Work type: Full time ongoing
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
Based in Ballarat as a Senior Support Coordinator you will provide individualised plan implementation support to people with a disability and/or mental illness participating in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The Support Coordinator will work with the participant to implement the supports within the persons plan for the purpose of building their capacity, managing the impact of their disability and improving their health, well-being and participation within the community.
- Provide support to clients based on their NDIA or DHHS plan, implementing all supports within the participant’s plan including formal, mainstream and funded supports.
- Use a strengths based approach when working with clients to establish a Support Plan with the client and other relevant stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with clients and their families while maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries.
- Prioritise, manage and administer a caseload / tasks in a coordinated, efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that information on relevant community resources are available to clients and that appropriate referrals are made and followed up
The successful applicant must be able to show one of the following
- Relevant degree with relevant experience
- Associate diploma with substantial experience
- Qualifications in more than one discipline
- Experience attained through previous appointments, service and/or study with an equivalent level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of activities required
- Proven experience working with people with disability and/or mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to network with local service providers
- Demonstrated experience in support planning, working within a person centred framework
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound organisational and administrative ability
- Connect with new people and widen your professional networks
- Employee assistance program including a dietician service and financial assistance service
- Generous Salary Packaging Benefits
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
For further details on this role, please contact Karen Walters on (03) 5231 5327
Senior Support Coordinator- Ballarat - FINAL dated 08022019.pdf
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend