Support Coordinator- Employment Pathways- Ballarat
Job no: 496193
Work type: Full time ongoing
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
The Employment Pathways Coordinator will oversee a series of activities that can be packaged into ‘employment pathways’ options for people with a disability. The supports include the School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) and Individual Employment Pathways.
Responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing the pre-employment and employment needs of people with disabilities and then preparing them for work, assisting them to achieve employment and supporting them to maintain employment.
- Develop an employment plan for each of the participants including a range of activities that can be delivered by genU branches. External activities may also be included in the plan
- Utilise a range of services across genU which will assist people with disabilities to prepare for and achieve open employment
- Coordinate and broker a range of activities for participants as per their Employment plan
Hourly rate commencing at $34.05 per hour
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in disability, community services, employment services or a related field
- A strong commitment to inclusion of people with disabilities within the community
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to engage a wider range of stakeholders
- Self motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills and a flexible attitude to post responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with MS applications
- Current driver’s license
- Career opportunities and development
- Employee assistance program including a dietician service and financial assistance service
- Salary Packaging Benefits
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
Employment Pathways Coordinator Ballarat 05082019.pdf
For further details please contact Jaime-Lee Demmer on 0439 203 412
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend