Support Coordinator- Thornbury
Job no: 496202
Work type: Full time ongoing
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
The purpose of a Support Coordinator is to provide individualised plan implementation support to people with a disability and/or mental illness participating in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
The Support Coordinator will work with the participant to implement the supports within the persons plan for the purpose of building their capacity, managing the impact of their disability and improving their health, well-being and participation within the community.
Salary starting from $34.05 per hour
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability or other qualification relevant to the field of human services with relevant experience or;
- Associate diploma with relevant experience or;
- Three year degree with two years of relevant experience or;
- Relevant four year degree with one year relevant experience
- Proven experience working with people with disability and/or mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to network with local service providers.
- Demonstrated experience in support planning, working within a person centred framework.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound organisational and administrative ability
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
Support Coordinator PD - Thornbury.pdf
For further details on this role, please contact Kylie Harris on 0425 789 003
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend