Domestic Services Assistant- Lara
Job no: 496207
Work type: Casual
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the Role
The Food & Domestic Services Department operates at Costa House, a 120 bed residential aged care facility located in Lara. We form part of the Aged and Community Care Division of genU and seek to improve the quality of life for Aging Victorians and their families and carers.
Domestic Services Assistants are responsible for performing residential/client focused, general cleaning and laundry duties across different areas in our 120 bed Aged Care Residence. This includes vacuuming, dusting and general cleaning of rooms, ensuites and surrounding living areas.
- Labelling, collecting, processing, washing, drying, ironing and return of resident’s personal laundry in accordance with Costa House procedures and resident preferences
- Clean resident’s rooms, public and staff areas in Costa House including offices and amenities in accordance to policy and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of the storage of chemicals, waste management, commercial washing machines, clothes dryers and irons and report and faults/damage to Food & Domestic Services Manager and Maintenance
Domestic Services Assistants at Costa House must have an empathy for elderly people, be enthusiastic & reliable, be able to clean effectively & efficiently and follow service plans and keep careful records whilst preserving the dignity, privacy and rights of our residents.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience in domestic services
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective time management, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
To obtain further information regarding this position please contact Paul Hosie on (03) 5220 8443
For a copy of the position description please click on the below link:
Domestic Services Assistant PD July 2018.pdf
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend