Disability Support Practitioner- Frankston and Mornington Peninsula
Job no: 496209
Work type: Casual
Location: Mornington Peninsula
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the Role
As a Disability Support Practitioner, you will provide high quality community based and individualised services that support and promote community inclusion, personal growth and living skills for people with a disability.
We are seeking casual staff members to work at our Rosebud, Frankston and Mornington locations.
- Active support to all aspects of client care and to provide supports that maximise independence of clients
- Support clients with behaviours of concern following strategies detailed in Behaviour Support Plans
- Where required, assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including personal and self-care, eating and maintenance of personal hygiene during program time
- Participate in the assessment, planning and evaluation of clients’ needs and programs
- Complete daily diary entries, reporting documentation and activity profiles as required
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement that you have:
- Certificate IV in Disability Studies
- First Aid Level 2
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Person Centred Plans
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team environment
- High level oral and written communication skills
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Generous hourly rate
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician and financial assistance service
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
Disability Support Practitioner- February 2018 PD.pdf
For further details please contact William Thomas on 0477 001 055
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend