Team Leader - Participate- Rosebud
Job no: 496212
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Mornington Peninsula
About the Company
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
genU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
About the role
The Team Leader is responsible for increasing participants’ community inclusion in a wide variety of group activities run from our venues or the community and support individuals to access their local community.
This position requires you to lead, enhance and promote our skilled staff to continue to facilitate community inclusion and person centred active support, whilst pursuing personal goals and interests of our participants. You are also required to ensure that programs are accessible and outcome focused.
The Team Leader is responsible for growing and initiating new social groups, which create community partnerships and opportunities for all. This is achieved through supporting participants in a one on one or group based setting, whilst sharing community spaces and not segregating our participants.
- Tertiary qualification in Disability, Community Services or a related field (Minimum Certificate IV in Disability with substantial experience in the field)
- Experience managing and motivating a team, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Significant experience in designing, delivering and evaluating centre and community based programs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with challenging behaviours and the ability to mentor staff in this area
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with MS applications- word, outlook, excel and databased
- Must have a strong committment to the inclusion of people with disabilities within the community
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please click the link below to view the Position Description outlining full details of this role:
genU Team Leader- Participate.pdf
For further details on this role, please contact William Thomas on 0477 001 055
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend