Indigenous Liaison Officer - Geelong & Melbourne Region
Job no: 496376
Work type: Full time ongoing
Location: Geelong, Melbourne, Central Victoria, South West Victoria
- Empower people through employment
- Highly regarded and recognized not for profit organisation
- Salary Packaging Benefits
MatchWorks has a long and successful history as an employment services provider improving and enriching the lives of individuals through pathways to ongoing sustainable employment and effective recruitment solutions for employers.
About the Role
Based in the Geelong and Melbourne Region, the Indigenous Liaison Officer will work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers, community, employers and stakeholders. You will proactively go about closing the gap for indigenous Australians.
You will assess needs, and assist jobseekers to gain sustainable employment by through mentoring, facilitating internal Indigenous programs and connecting with local communities and services.
- Monitor and review service delivery to ensure all indigenous job seeker service requirements are being appropriately met
- Establish supportive relationships with Employment Consultants, employers, community to build sustainable employment opportunities
- Connect jobseekers to relevant community links addressing support networks and non-vocational barriers
- Engage with local Aboriginal Land Councils and networks and other Indigenous business networks as required, relevant to the local communities
- Conduct one on one mentoring as required and facilitate Indigenous programs as required
- Provide follow up contact and support to job seekers once they commence employment
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement that you have:
- An understanding of Indigenous protocols and culture
- Demonstrated knowledge of the issues and barriers facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers
- Well connected within Indigenous Communities
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with clients, peers and relevant agencies
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level professionalism, compliance and attention to detail
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and workloads effectively in a challenging environment
- Sound computer literacy and data management skills
- Satisfactory completion of Police Check/s
- Ability to be able to undertake interstate travel as the business requires
About Our Benefits
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra leave
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the ‘Racial Discrimination Act 1975’.
This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
For further details please contact Heather Zohori on 0477 001 408 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view the PD below:
Indigenous Liasion Officer - PD July 2019.pdf
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend