Facilitator- Mental Health and Disability
Job no: 496824
Work type: Part time ongoing
Location: South West Victoria
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team
About Independent Lives
Independent Lives supports people with a disability and/or mental illness to live independently and to pursue a life based on their own strengths and goals. Independence is supported through capacity building activities, evidence based assessments, tenancy support and peer support and mentoring. These supports aim to increase a person’s capacity to manage the impact of their disability on their life, improve their wellbeing and increase their participation in the community.
Independent Lives works with people with a range of disabilities including: intellectual, physical, acquired brain injury, and psychosocial disability (Mental Health). Most clients have NDIS funding but other sources of funding are acceptable.
About the Role
As an Independent Lives Facilitator (Mental Health and Disability) you will facilitate the recovery process for people with a psychosocial disability and increase independence for people with a disability by developing, documenting and providing supports that assist clients to increase their independence skills in the home and in community.
This includes supports that assist with obtaining accommodation and maintaining tenancy obligations, increase skills for living independently and further develop social skills to overcome isolation and increase connections to community. Working with a client to overcome barriers to participation is an important part of the work.
This is a part-time role based in Warrnambool.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a relevant industry qualification in the human services field (Minimum Certificate IV with relevant experience)
- Current First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Current drivers license with comprehensive car insurance
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS and how it works
- Demonstrated understanding of legislative requirements relevant to this position
- An understanding of and substantial experience delivering person centred, strength based and/or recovery oriented models of service
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients, co-workers and the community
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Tax effective salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please find below the position description outlining full details of this role:
Independant Lives Facilitator Warrnambool 17032020.pdf
For further details please contact Leanne Napper on (03) 5249 8968
Applications close: at AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend